7 days ago
To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
About the Job
The Data Operations organization is a critical support organization to various data science and engineering teams at Altana AI. As a team we provide infrastructure for human insights into DS and AI initiatives that are core to Altana’s product. Data Operations partners closely with our product teams to come up with innovative ways to further enrich and collect data to increase Altana’s data coverage.
As a data analyst in the data operations team, you are responsible for architecting and managing data labeling and annotation workflows end-to-end while actively working with different internal stakeholders to assess training data needs and delivery insides into algorithmic performance while continuously enhancing data driven processes internally as well as externally with our annotation vendors.
As an ideal candidate you are a strong communicator, technically curious, love documentation and processes while keeping them flexible to meet changing engineering needs.
- Scoping and managing of multiple annotation workflows in parallel
- Definition and ownership of project success metrics
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify needs for human annotated data
- Day-to-day management of vendor team responsible for data labeling efforts
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in labeling processes through process improvements and/or annotation tool improvements
- Experience in a Data Annotation, Data Operations, Project Management, Vendor Management or Sales Engineering role within a data driven organization
- Ability to operate in an unstructured research environment
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Commitment to an inclusive corporate culture
- Baseline familiarity with technical platforms, databases, or statistical software
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn about machine learning models
Nice to Have:
- Worked in a remote environment
- Comfortable in using Python for data analytics
- Foreign language skills
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.
Share this job
We deliver talent solutions that connect our technology and engineering communities
The search is on for the best talent in the market - from start-ups to tech and engineering giants, we support the game changers, the inventors, and the market disruptors to ensure they have the right talent in place, helping them grow and scale.
Since 2017, Engtal has worked with some of the most innovative companies leaving their mark on the world, and we're proud that we support them in finding their most important asset - their people