Principal Mechanical Engineer - Robotics
7 days ago
- Contribute in the development of a robotic platform for construction applications, focusing on motion platforms and dynamic fluid systems.
- Design and create prototypes using in-house and external fabrication
- Specify robotic servo-driven actuators using industry standards for aerospace applications, including mobile (rover-based) robotics, and large format, long reach robotic actuators.
- Run FEA and CFD analysis to provide safe and reliable engineered solutions for use in space.
- Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, and build support as well designing, implementing, and integrating solutions in a fast-paced environment with a quick AGILE development cycle.
- Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes
- Collaborate with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to procure, fabricate, test, and ultimately fly the hardware you have designed.
- Perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to field work at a moment’s notice)
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall company OKRs
- Mentor engineers in their career development
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- 5+ years of recent experience designing aerospace or equivalent type mechanical system elements within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
- Strong mechanical design and integration skills using 3D modeling tools.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- M.S. or PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Strong thermal analysis skills.
- Past design experience in extreme thermal environments.
- Familiarity with serial robotic arm operations and design constraints.
- Experience in aerospace actuation design.
- Experience in formal systems engineering: requirements development, implementation, verification, system integration, qualification and release.
- Experience in spacecraft systems design.
- Experience in Solidworks.
- Experience in structural FEA and CFD using ANSYS, or similar tools.
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, noise, and outdoor conditions.
- Physical effort may be required for the handling of supplies or materials (up to 50 lbs unassisted).
Share this job
We deliver talent solutions that connect our technology and engineering communities
The search is on for the best talent in the market - from start-ups to tech and engineering giants, we support the game changers, the inventors, and the market disruptors to ensure they have the right talent in place, helping them grow and scale.
Since 2017, Engtal has worked with some of the most innovative companies leaving their mark on the world, and we're proud that we support them in finding their most important asset - their people