Site Reliability Engineer
7 days ago
To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Engineering team is looking for talented Software Engineers to help build this vision. You’ll work closely with our Data Scientists on projects to analyze and observe world-scale datasets, write code that can scale to produce never before seen insights, and construct APIs to deliver our product vision.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time.
- Own the company's entire cybersecurity posture across internal tooling, production deployments, and customer integrations
- Design and deploy our Identity & Access Management and Role-Based Access Controls across internal tools and production deployments
- Own the security components for SOC2 and ISO27001 compliance
- Write scripts and tools for automating security-related processes
- Enable monitoring and observability tooling across our team's entire stack
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and data scientists across the organization
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years of real-world professional experience designing and deploying security tooling and processes
- You have a track record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with Python Machine Learning toolsets (Scikit-learn, Numpy, Pandas, Dedupe)
- Experience with API development
- Experience with GitHub Actions, GitLab CI, or other CI/CD tooling
Technologies we love
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS, Azure
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, ArangoDB
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package an
Share this job
We deliver talent solutions that connect our technology and engineering communities
The search is on for the best talent in the market - from start-ups to tech and engineering giants, we support the game changers, the inventors, and the market disruptors to ensure they have the right talent in place, helping them grow and scale.
Since 2017, Engtal has worked with some of the most innovative companies leaving their mark on the world, and we're proud that we support them in finding their most important asset - their people